The Sugar Tree offers matcha tea powder for sale, in various flavors, as well as accessories for preparing it. Many folks are still new to it, so, just what is matcha?
• Matcha originates from Japan and is the finest green tea.
• To create matcha, tea plants are covered with shade cloths before they’re harvested. This triggers the growth of leaves with better flavor and texture. Leaves are hand-plucked, steamed briefly, then dried and aged in cold storage. The dried leaves are then stone-ground into fine powder.
• With most tea, the leaves get infused into hot water, then discarded. With matcha, you’re drinking the actual leaves.
• Because the whole leaves are ingested, matcha is a potent source of nutrients.
• Matcha is rich in antioxidants and detoxification properties.
• Matcha is high in caffeine and gives us an energy boost, and a calm alertness without the crash.