Saturday, November 17, 2018

Holiday Treat w/Cider and....

You have all heard me rave, often, about the loose leaf teas from Tea Queens, and I am known to get very excited about Seasonal Teas!  Lately I have been enjoying "Holiday Treat", which is a blend of selected black tea, apple pieces, cinnamon bits, coriander, flavoring, cardamom pods, orange slices, pink peppercorns, and cloves... and I absolutely love it. I will be stocking up on this blend! 

Yesterday my son was home from school, so we tucked in and enjoyed a hot cup or two of this tasty tea while watching the snow quietly fall outside the window, cats curled up beside the woodstove as the Maine Winter officially began. 

Today, following a romp through the woods with the cats and a few attempts of sliding down hills on old wooden sleds, I steeped a special cup in hot apple cider* from North Star Orchards in Madison just for me, added a jigger of Organic Bourbon Whiskey from Split Rock Distilling Company in Newcastle, and a tea spoon of maple syrup from my own trees here in Freedom.

Holiday Treat Tea?  Indeed, I hereby mark today the holiday called  "Day After Snow Day in Maine"

*Tea can be hot or cold steeped in apple cider, cranberry juice, wine, grain alcohols... the choices can be endless! Ask me for suggestions

No comments: